The company MonTa Biosciences ApS (hereinafter MonTa) located in Lyngby, Denmark, and registered under chamber of commerce number: 36697016 takes protecting your privacy seriously and treats all personal data it receives from you with great care. Personal data processed by MonTa is done in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and various other (national) legislature regarding privacy protection.
This document sets out MonTa’s privacy statement regarding the use of personal data collected by MonTa. MonTa recommends that you read this privacy statement carefully. MonTa is entitled to amend this privacy statement in the future. In case MonTa changes its privacy statement, such shall be published on its website. Therefore, it is recommended to regularly check this page.
This privacy statement was last amended on 23-12-2020.
Disclaimer: This privacy statement only pertains to our handling of personal data if you visit our website, apply for a job with us or contact us via our contact form. If you are a participant in our clinical trial, and you wish to receive more information about how we handle your personal data please contact the principal investigator of the study and/or refer to the informed consent and other trial documents provided to you.
- Who are we?
MonTa is a biotech company located in the science park of The Danish Technical University in Kgs. Lyngby, North of Copenhagen. MonTa is a clinical trials sponsor that is currently in the development and initiation of a Phase I/IIA study.
- What personal data do we collect and on what purpose is this processing based?
Personal data as used in the context of this statement, applies to any information that identifies or that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. MonTa processes the following personal data:
- If you contact us via our contact form, our processing of your personal data is then based on the consent you provide us;
- If you apply for a job at us, our processing of your personal data is then based on the consent you provide us;
- If you visit our website, this processing is based on having a legitimate business interest.
As soon as personal data is used for another purpose than the data was obtained for, a new assessment of the legal grounds for such processing will be carried out. If such legal ground is lacking, permission will be requested (again).
- Retention periods?
We will retain collected personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with the requested service, or to fulfill a legal obligation. Your personal data will be deleted when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which they were obtained.
- What rights do you have and how can you use them?
The GDPR grants various rights to you with respect to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access to personal data: This means that you have the right to access your personal data and to receive information about how your personal data is processed;
- The right to rectification of personal data: This means that you have the right to have incorrect and/or incomplete personal data modified;
- Right of data erasure: This means that in specific situations you have the right to have personal data erased, unless there is a legal obligation to keep these personal data;
- Right to restrict processing: This means that in specific situations you have the right to have the processing of your personal data temporarily stopped, with the exception of the storage of your personal data;
- Right to transfer personal data; This means that in specific situations, you have the right to obtain certain personal data in a structured, common, machine-readable and interoperable format and to forward them to another company;
- Right of objection: This means that in specific situations you have the right to have the processing of your personal data temporarily stopped.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. MonTa will respond to your request within one month. The period may be extended by two months, considering the complexity and number of requests. You will be informed of such an extension.
- Sending data abroad
The principle rule applied by MonTa is that personal data may only be sent to countries that are in the European Economic Area (E.E.R.). If our processing of personal data involves processing personal data outside the E.E.R., then we will take various measures to ensure that there are sufficient guarantees within the framework of the protection of personal data.
- Right to lodge a complaint?
If you wish to lodge a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can file a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency via e-mail by sending an e-mail to the agency’s main mailbox: email@example.com.